Sunday 11 December 2011

Sunday Evening, Beef Stew In The Slow Cooker - All Is Quiet!

Today being Sunday we had a lie in, which is unusual for us, when I say lie in, it was till just after 9am.


I woke with a banging headache, I wouldn't of minded but I only had a single can of Carlsberg last night!


We had nothing planned for this morning, "M" was off to a 2 yr olds birthday party this afternoon, but call me old fashioned but screaming, shouting, tears and tantrums are not my thing, and that's just the adults! So I stayed here to keep China dog company and do some washing.


Its been a wet old day today, started off dry, but the site is very water logged at this moment in time.


Thankfully we are on a very gentle slope so the water drains away from the caravan, and out past the awning, we have a thick hedge which shields us from the elements on the caravan side.


Tucked away in here we don't get the buffeting from the wind another good thing!


Those winds up North were grim recently, I remember when I worked in Glasgow, I thought someone was throwing bricks/slates into the road but what was happening was the wind was ripping them from the roofs! Luckily I didn't get hit, but not sure how as they were crashing all around me!


 The antiques dealer who I do a bit of work for is heading over to Ireland as we speak. I wouldn't fancy that ferry crossing! That will be one rough voyage.


Before "M" left this morning she put together a beef stew to slowly cook in the slow cooker, I've just had a taste and I'm not sure what she put in it, but it sure is chilli hot! Great for me but "M" is a bit of a light weight when it comes to eating extremely hot food! Personally I like it the hotter the better. "M" may be going hungry later!


She will probably be full of jelly and ice cream and come back bouncing and full of "E" numbers from all the sugar and additives!


I wonder if they still play traditional party games? or is the Wii brought out and the kids just get on with it!


Christmas is approaching fast, hope everyone has done their shopping? According to the news the spend is 10% down on last year, well, not really a surprise is it? I guess in some ways we are lucky as we don't have the outgoings that most have, I dread to think what would of happened if we still lived in bricks and mortar!


I've got my medical date through, it's Tuesday the 20th December. Another box ticked off, just got to wait now for that so that I can send off for my provisional license. 


I seemed to have jumped about in this post a bit, so will finish off for now, hope you all have a great week!


Till later............

No comments:

Post a Comment